Friday, October 2, 2009

Long Point Winery - 2006 Zinfandel

Tasted on: October 2, 2009
Purchased for: $12.99


Wine Data:
  • Alcohol Content: 14.7%
  • Residual Sugar: unknown, but dry (probably < 0.5%)

Tasting:

Appearance: Dark, deep red. Not translucent. Almost black. Be VERY careful around furniture and rugs. I have a feeling that this wine could leave a nasty stain.

Aroma: Complex bouquet. I can smell the liquorice / anise note. My nose isn't very sophisticated at picking out smells. I'm sure that over time this will develop.

Taste / Texture: Smooth and strong. The flavor is complex with a hint of coffee, anise, and dark chocolate. Of course I could taste these once I read the winery's description of the bottle.

Aftertaste: Lingers on the tongue. Residual taste is somewhat appealing. Leaves a quite bit of a bite of bitterness and dryness at the end.

Decision:
For a red wine, I am very impressed with the quality of this wine. The aroma and flavors are very complex. I would likely buy it again should a red wine mood strike me. 85/100

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog